Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's My Life: Relationships On Paper

I tend to dwell on past relationships for a very long time and I have no idea why. I move on just fine, but I'm never completely moved on. Confusing, no? Anyway, I took a Creative Writing class two semesters ago, and this weekend while I was doing a little winter cleaning, I cam across my graded assignments. Can you guess what most of them had in common? Whenever I didn't have any restrictions on the content of the paper, it was always based on a past relationship. It's like my whole 8 years of dating hopelessness was caught on paper and stretched out in front of me. It was totally subconscious, because a lot of them I couldn't remember writing. Looking back now, I have to wonder what kind of emotional train wreck my professor thought I was. Maybe he felt sorry for me and that's why they were all A's. I guess that the one thing I took from all my failed relationships: the ability to turn my gloom into pretty awesome grades. Funny how things work out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.